How to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs and Bum
Table of Contents:
If you are currently struggling with how to get rid of cellulite on thighs and bum, then you can take comfort knowing that you are not alone. Estimates show that close to 90% of women over the age of 30 have a bit of cellulite and dimpling on their butt, upper thighs and lower waist - some a bit more than others. But does this mean that smoothing out a cellulite booty is an impossible feat? Well, not necessarily so. However, it is worth noting that the quest of how to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs will take a combination of anti cellulite exercises, a change of lifestyle/diet and the right products aimed at giving you smoother stems.
What Exactly Causes Cellulite?
Even before delving into workouts to lose cellulite, it's imperative to understand how these dimpling come about in the first place. The truth is that there are several misleading myths about cellulite and the circumstances surrounding it. But regardless of what you may have heard from some questionable sources, it is not a clear cut sign that you're out unfit or overweight. If anything, some of the fittest female athletes on the planet have dimples and unsightly stretch marks on their thighs or butts.
Experts have found out that cellulite may form as a result of one or more of the following factors.
- Genetics: It goes without saying that if your immediate female relatives (mom and sisters) have cellulite or have dealt with it in the past, then chances are you're likely to struggle with some dimpling too.
- Lifestyle factors: A sedentary lifestyle may predispose you to carrying an unproportional amount of fat in dimpling-prone areas like the thighs and hips, although having cellulite is not necessarily a sign of a physically inactive life.
- Diet: A diet laden with excess sugar, processed carbs, unhealthy fats and very little fibre or complex carbohydrates and healthy fats can make it easier for you to show dimpling in your stems.
And with that out of the way, let's pan our cameras on the nitty-gritty of getting rid of cellulite on thighs and bum.
Legs Cellulite Exercises
Truth be told, the best workout for thigh cellulite is one that you can enjoy doing regularly and consistently without getting fatigued, bored or viewing it as an arduous task. Getting rid of dimpling is hard but not impossible; so you need to as much as consistency and discipline in planning and adhering to workouts to lose cellulite as you can get. Speaking of which, here are some of the easiest and most effective workouts to eliminate cellulite that you can come across.
1. Reverse Lunges
You'll need an elevated surface or a bench for this legs cellulite exercise that is usually aimed at working your glutes, hamstrings and quads to melt the fat cells giving you the unsightly dimpling and stretch marks.
To get started:
- Begin by standing about 1 to 2 feet from the elevated surface or bench.
- With the right foot, step on the bench whilst pushing via the heel. As soon as your right foot hits the bench, drive the left knee upwards quickly.
- Lower the left leg while backing up off the bench to your original starting position.
- Immediately the left foot hits the floor, lunge backward using the right leg and return to the first step.
- Do at least 3 sets with a minimum of 10 reps using both legs. It would help a great deal if you can add a few weights to this exercise for back of legs cellulite set up. The heavier the weights, the more effective it will be at sculpting your quads thereby eliminating dimpling.
2. The Lateral Lunge
- Aimed at melting fat cells in your outer and inner thighs, this is one of the best workout for cellulite on back of thighs out there. It is also quite easy to hack, as you will see from the following steps.
- Start by standing with your feet well apart; your arms should also be at your side.
- Beginning with your right leg, take one big step to your side while simultaneously bending that left knee mimicking the movement of a person about to sit on a chair. Raise your arms out in front when in this position for balance but your right leg ought to be straight.
- Your chest should be heaved out and the butt down and back, hold this position for a few seconds. What this does is target those hamstrings and glutes to get rid of dimpling progressively. The exercise requires a bit of mobility and flexibility, so don't give up if it feels difficult at first.
- Go back to your starting position by pushing upwards using your right foot. Do at least 10 reps using this form before switching legs and completing another 10-12 reps.
- Give it at least three sets for maximum efficiency.
3. The Traveling Lunges
The walking lunges are great for toning cellulite legs whilst sculpting your hamstrings, glutes and quads. They are also excellent at supporting hip mobility and developing flexibility and mobility.
- Stand with your the feet together but the arms should be down at the sides of your hips.
- Walk forward and lunge using your dominant leg. Ensure that you push through the right heel while extending your legs backward to the original starting position.
- Without as much as stopping, lunge forward using your other non-dominant leg. Ensure that you push through the left heel while extending the legs to the original starting position.
- Target a total of around 20 reps while aiming for at least 3 sets.
4. The Bulgarian Split Squat
For this exercise for back of legs cellulite, you will need an elevated surface or a bench to complete it. The renowned squat often targets your hamstrings, glutes and quads. That being said, you can make it more challenging (thus more effective), by holding a medium-to-light weight dumbbell on both hands to up that burn.
Here's how you do it:
- While facing away from the elevated surface or bench, split your stance. The aim is to ensure that the top of your left foot is resting atop the bench and that the right foot is firmly planted approximately a lunge-length just ahead of it.
- While making sure that your core is super tight, lunge forward using your dominant leg. Your chest should be up and the right thigh ought to be parallel with the bench/ground. Speaking of which, you will need to adjust your dominant leg's placement to make sure that your adhering to proper form.
- Return to the original starting position.
5. The Squat Jump
The squat jump might be excellent for toning cellulite legs but it is not for everyone, especially not beginners or folks who are worried or concerned about the state of their joints. It's a high-impact exercise and, hence, the necessary caution ought to be taken.
That said, to get started:
- Stand with your hands akimbo and your feet apart (if possible approximately shoulder-width).
- Start squatting down, mimic the movement of a person who is leaning back in a plush chair but your arms outstretched.
- While on the rise, propel yourself strongly into a powerful jump but at the same time bringing your arms down to aid the movement.
- Land as softly as you can. The balls of your feet should touch the ground first; squat down immediately after this and repeat the move.
- Do as many as three sets, each having about 10 to 15 reps.
Exercises for Aimed at Getting Rid of Cellulite Buttocks
The main proposition behind the following exercises for cellulite buttocks is working the gluteus maximus muscle while simultaneously working the hamstrings and quads. Here's a collection of moves that target a cellulite butt.
1. The Curtsy Lunge
This exercise is ideal for women who are looking to get rid of a cellulite booty. The idea here is to work at least each side of the glute muscle while hitting the gluteus medius - the muscle that is responsible for proper hip stabilization. Engaging the hamstrings and quads is also important at the same time.
Here's how to get moving:
- While standing with your feet apart (approximately shoulder-width) bend your arms comfortably forward as much as you can for proper balance.
- While bracing your core and keeping the chest upright, begin by bending your non-dominant leg while stepping backwards using your other leg. Ensure that you cross the midline in a way that your dominant leg will land at a diagonal position just behind you - the same way you would do while curtsying.
- Pause briefly, push forward using your left heel then come back to the original starting position.
- Switch the legs and repeat this move using the same steps, count that as one rep.
- The aim should be to complete at least three sets of 10 reps, while resting just a minute or so between your sets.
2. Dumbbell Squat to a Semi Deadlift
The move combines two very popular and common booty building exercises aimed at getting rid of cellulite on thighs and bum. If anything, if you are asking yourself, how do I burn off the cellulite on my buttocks, then this is one of the most effective anti cellulite exercises that you should have in your workout regime. Begin with as light as 10-pound dumbbells while increasing the weight as you get accustomed to the exercise.
Here's how to get started:
- Begining with your feet together, hold a light-to-medium weight dumbbell on each hand.
- With your chest heaved outwards, squat down slowly until the thighs are at least parallel to the ground.
- Now bring the weights in front of your calves/shins while extending the legs in a compound deadlift-esque movement.
- Bring the dumbbells at your sides again and squat slowly. All this time the thighs ought to be parallel to the elevated surface, workout bench or ground.
- Return to a standing posture and then bring the dumbbells up at your sides then squat again/ Go for three sets of at least 10 reps each.
3. The Glute Bridge
The glute bridge is aimed at minimizing a fat cellulite butt or at least minimizing the conspicuousness of your stretch marks. The good thing is that unlike other leg cellulite exercises, it does not put undue pressure on the lower back while still remaining challenging enough to be an effective thigh cellulite workout.
Here's how to complete the move. By the way, for an even bigger and more challenging workout, you should try modifying it with a weighted hip thrust.
- Begin by lying on the surface with your feet flat and your knees slightly bent. At this juncture, your arms should be at your side and the palms facing down.
- Inhale lightly and then push outwards using your heels. At this point, the hips ought to be raised while engaging the core, hamstrings and glutes concurrently. The body ought to form a straight line starting from the upper back going back to the knees.
- At the apex, pause then squeeze and then return to the original position.
- Aim at completing three sets, each of at least 20 reps.
Sprinkle Caffeine-containing Creams to the Workouts to Lose Cellulite
Truth be told, even the most effective workout to eliminate cellulite can only do so much. In a way, the quest of how to get rid of cellulite on buttocks and thighs needs the boost of a potent caffeine-containing cream that will dehydrate the skin and progressively decrease the conspicuousness of the stretchmarks and cellulite. This anti-cellulite hot cream by Maryann's contains a chock-full of dimpling burning ingredients that are interspersed with high caffeine levels. And a bonus, the presence of grapeseed oil and glyceryl leaves your skin super-soft while the vitamin E infuses its much-needed antioxidative properties to your cellulite-burning efforts. Bear in mind that creams that pack antioxidants have the added benefit of being able to decrease the level of free radicals, which are known to damage the skin.
The Takeaway - In Closing
Here's the thing, getting rid of cellulite on thighs and bum calls for the combination of effective anti cellulite exercises and a dimpling-fighting cream. This way, you can boost a plumper appearance to your skin while simultaneously parlaying into your skin's natural radiance to make the cellulite less prominent. Combining these two into a daily or weekly routine will be a sure treatment for stretch marks and the fibrous bands making you look older than you really are.